Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oops, my bad

I wrote down that i was blogging, but I checked my homework sheet at 11. I guess I've learned that we should always check our plans ahead of time to avoid events like this one!

Today's class was quite empty. We mostly discussed Hamlet and what we have read so far. Hamlet's love life with Ophelia is introduced as well. What was really interesting this class however was our discussion about whether suicide sends you straight to hell. Some argued that suicide was a sin, and committing suicide would mean that you have no chance to repent of it, thus sending you to hell. Others argued that some were in such a desperate state of mind that it would be unfair to condemn those people. It was a good discussion and it was quite unfortunate that we were not able to share this discussion with our missing classmates.

The Homework:

Act 1 scene 3 + 4 questions

I apologize for the late blog

No comments:

Post a Comment